Tuesday, April 29, 2008

An IM with IB

Me:
We are going to the grocery store tonight, per your request
What do we need?

IB:
my request? as I recall, I asked you if you were planning on going to the store and you said yes
>.>

Me:
My request was generated by your need for a sandwich, and that need depleting our bread supply below standard levels.

IB:
my inquiry was clearly couched in such a way as to determine a pre-existing scheme to visit a food and goods selling establishment

Me:
Ah, but that inquiry was submitted at such a time where alternatives to the bread need were limited, and alternatives would have still lead to a need to go to the store.

IB:
At said point in time, you had no way of knowing the reason behind my request, as no mention of bread supplies had been mentioned

Me:
If I recall correctly, it was the usual time for dinner deployment, so any requests in that timeframe are considered 'dinner' ticket items, rather than general requests. Also, you submitted your request in the venue of the kitchen, further flagging it a 'dinner' item.
...
F* I've been documenting too much.

IB:
haha
I win

No comments: